The PSC is partnering with NYSUT and United University Professions (UUP) and with student organizations like NYPIRG and USS to organize meetings with lawmakers in Albany and City Hall about the need to increase funding for CUNY, expand financial aid and pass legislation that supports the university community.
Faculty, staff and students are the best advocates for the University because they speak from personal experience about the triumphs and challenges of working and learning at CUNY. That’s why we need you to sign up to join your colleagues and CUNY students at these spring actions:
- NYSUT Higher Education Lobby Day (Albany): Wed. evening, Feb. 25 – Thurs. morning, Feb. 26.
- Student/Faculty/Staff Higher Ed Action Day (Albany): Thurs., Feb. 26. After our NYSUT-sponsored meetings in the morning, we’ll be joined by NYPIRG and other student organizations for afternoon meetings on Thurs., Feb. 26.
- NYSUT Committee of 100 (Albany): Mon., Mar. 2 – Tues., Mar. 3
- CUNY at the Council (New York City): Wed., Apr. 29.
Download a save-the-date flier.
Transportation, food and hotel costs for the NYSUT Higher Education Lobby Day (Feb. 26-27) and the NYSUT Committee of 100 (Mar. 2-3) are covered by NYSUT. Members can also make the round trip to Albany in one day with students on the buses for the Thurs., Feb. 26 Student/Faculty/Staff Higher Ed Action Day.
We need you there so please join us!
Reserve your spot ASAP. Complete the form below, indicating the dates you wish to participate. For more details about our lobbying efforts please contact Amanda Magalhaes at [email protected].
***The following events have passed, so we have removed them as check off options.***
- NYSUT Higher Education Lobby Day, Feb. 25-26
- Student/Faculty/Staff Higher Ed Action Day Feb. 26
- NYSUT Committee of 100 (Albany), Mar. 2-3