Come to Albany: Help Colleagues and Students Demand a Better Budget for CUNY
Legislators in Albany need to hear from you about the challenges you face teaching and working at CUNY. Please join us for the NYSUT Higher Ed Action Day (Feb. Tues., Feb 25 – Wed., Feb. 26) or the Student/Faculty/Staff Higher Education Lobby Day (Wed., Feb. 26). Sign up via this web form.
Transportation, food and hotel costs for the Feb. 25-26 Albany trip are covered by NYSUT. Members can also ride back and forth to Albany in one day with students on the buses for the Feb. 26 Student/Faculty/Staff Higher Ed Action Day. Contact Amanda Magalhaes ([email protected]) if you need further information.
As part of NYSUT’s “Keep New York A State of Mind” Campaign and through our own organizing, the PSC will mount an aggressive campaign to urge the legislature to increase investment in CUNY senior colleges and community colleges. You can help make the case for CUNY by signing up to lobby alongside your colleagues and CUNY students.
The schedule of State budget and legislative lobby days follows:
- NYSUT Higher Education Lobby Day – Tues. Feb 25 – Wed., Feb. 26 (overnight stay in Albany)
- Student/Faculty/Staff Higher Education Lobby Day – Wed., Feb. 26 (bus trip up to Albany)
- NYSUT Committee of 100 – Mon. Mar 3 – Tues. Mar 4 (overnight stay in in Albany)
- District Lobbying – Thur. May 1 and Fri. May 2 (within the 5 boroughs)
- District Lobbying – Thur. June 12 and Fri. June 13 (within the 5 boroughs)
The Mayor’s executive budget proposal for New York City will be released soon. The scheduled lobby day for the city, entitled CUNY at the Council, will be held April 9.
We need you there so please join us!
Reserve your spot ASAP. Complete the form below, indicating the dates you wish to participate. For more details about our lobbying efforts please contact Amanda Magalhaes at [email protected].