GETTING TO TENURE:
A ROAD MAP FOR QUEENS COLLEGE FACULTY
* Tired of living in dread and ignorance about the tenure process?
* Have you been told what is required for tenure?
* Do you know who votes on your tenure?
* What role do teaching and service play in your tenure decision?
* Do you know what to do if you receive a letter of non-reappointment or if you have not had an annual evaluation?
Covid 19 and the tenure clock?
Come to a (virtual) forum hosted by the Queens College chapter of your union, the Professional Staff Congress, and have these and other questions answered by people who know
Friday, November 20, 2020, 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM
(Zoom link to be sent by email)
10:00 AM – 10:15 AM
* David Gerwin, Queens College Chapter Chair, Secondary Education and Youth Services
The Tenure Process at Queens College
10:15 AM – 11:30 AM
*William Orchard, recently tenured in English
* Leslee Grey, recently tenured in Secondary Education and Yourth Services
* Jorge Alves, recently tenured in Political Science
The Grievance Process at Queens College
11:30 AM – 12:15 PM
* Jonathan Buchsbaum, Queens College Grievance Counselor, Media Studies
Q&A with Department Chairs (former)
12:15 PM – 1:30 PM
* Pat Rachal, Political Science
* Richard Maxwell, Media Studies
* Steven Schwartz, Physics
Please RSVP to our campus organizer, Sam Rasiotis.