PSC/CUNY – MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE CHAPTER
MEETING HELD WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2017, 11.30AM IN ROOM AB1-312
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Clinton Crawford, Chair, PSC/ MEC who welcomed all.
The minutes of September 18, 2017 were approved as read.
New Contract Demonstration: MEC members of the PSC were asked to swell the attendance at the new contract demonstration scheduled for December 4, 2017, the major thrust of which would be (a) adjuncts being paid $7000 per course, (b) improved health care, and (c) a quick contract. The bargaining committee is working at having a new contract signed before Pres. Trump cuts the budget and before JANUS (forces aimed at stripping unions of their ability to represent their members by not being able to collect dues) comes through. Some of the areas in focus include:
- Speed in settling grievances
- CUNY having to give reasons for dismissal of adjunct faculty
- Improvement in CLT job promotion and security
- Need for annual leave
Report from most recent Labor-Management Meeting
- A system will now be in place to inform check owners of checks awaiting pick-up in Bursar’s office
- Electronic keys will require reactivation at the end of the semester; the company will visit campus to re-examine the system; charging points will be increased.
- Bathrooms: one staff will be assigned to each bathroom to ensure cleanliness; Pres. Crew will address students on the matter of maintaining cleanliness.
- Adjunct Salary Checks: There’ll be transparency on the matter; process will be quickened.
- New Hires’ Access to BB CUNYFIRST, ID: the system will be improved
- Technology in Portables: permanent SMART equipment will be installed. Troy Hahn will be invited to the PSC meeting to address the mater.
- Thermostat: the job to improve the heating and cooling systems is being redone
End-of-semester Party: scheduled for Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 11.30- 2pm, AB1, 312. Flyer-maker: Jose Negroni; Decorators: Maria DeLongoria, Elaine Reid and Beverly Lashley.
Submitted by: Verna Green, Secretary