PSC/CUNY – MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE CHAPTER
MEETING HELD WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2017, 11.30AM IN ROOM AB1-312
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Clinton Crawford, Chair, PSC/ MEC who welcomed all in attendance, and apologized for the absence of the minutes of the previous meeting.
The discussion followed the agenda:
New Salaries and Retroactive pay: The membership was informed that the final instalment of new salary increases will be done in April 2017. All were asked to contact HR toward ascertaining individual salary-increase schedules, and update of information on CUNYfirst.
Review of Files: The membership was reminded to make an appointment with HR to review each individual’s personnel file in which should be found summary of salary schedules and documentation pertaining to your being hired. When reviewing, each page of each document should be numbered, initialed and dated back and front; and anything that’s found there that you know nothing about has to be removed. Your personal personnel file housed in your Department office in which are kept your student evaluation, annual evaluation, education diplomas and complaints should also be reviewed.
Labor-Management (LM) Meeting Report: Security—Parking-lot patrol occurs every 2 hours, checking for vandalism or illegal parking. Security officers check the Library 3 times every hour.
Next LM Meeting Agenda:
1. Drilling in Carroll St building during class hours. Students experience headaches, dust inhalation, debris coming in despite closed doors and windows.
2. IT: Faculty experiencing difficulty accessing information on campus regarding instructional materials.
3. Adjunct Room C 308 needs heat
4. Library elevator out of service for over 3 weeks is especially problematic for students with disabilities.
5. Who to Inform: Request made for a contact directory giving information regarding the responsible office and contact person(s) in any given situation
New Contract: The conversation has begun regarding the new contract which has to be proposed by November 2017 around: Clarification of description for Distinguished, and Clinical Professors; Review of HEO titles; Free Tuition for children of employees; Reduction of teaching hours for professors and lecturers; Expansion of health and dental care; CLT needs clarification; Bereavement leave expansion.