PSC/CUNY – MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE CHAPTER
MEETING HELD WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2014, 11.30AM in Room B2008, NORMAN & MIRIAM JOHNSON LECTURE HALL
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Clinton Crawford, Chair, PSC/ MEC who welcomed all in attendance and introduced CIO, Eddy Ruiz who made a presentation regarding the state of IT at Medgar Evers College.
Summary of the Presentation:
- IT: Instructional Technology/Information Technology at Medgar Evers College will, hopefully, be improved due to the receipt of capital funding. The funding, however, does not cover maintenance.
- Key Accomplishments and Current Initiatives as of November 24, 2014:
- IT/Infrastructure Services – responsible for the implementation of centralized network systems and technology at the College. A Director of Infrastructure Services has been hired.
- IT/Classroom Technology Support – responsible for the design, purchase, Installation, and maintenance of classroom technology as well as related support services. The newly formed team has implemented a preventive maintenance program
- IT/Academic Computing – responsible for providing the college community with facilities equipped with technological resources: public labs, computer labs for classes only and lounges located throughout the campus. Old printers have been replaced in all 13 computer labs, and the roll-out of CUNYfirst Campus Solutions was supported and assisted.
- Information Services: Information System infrastructure consisting of hosted applications, internally developed and data reporting solutions is being built.
- IT/Service Desk with a mission to provide a single point of contact for students, faculty and staff to assist them in resolving problems with software, network connectivity issues, hardware issues and problems with college IT operations.
Submitted by V. Green, Secretary