PSC/CUNY – MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE CHAPTER MEETING HELD WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2017, 11.30AM IN ROOM AB1-312
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Clinton Crawford, Chair, PSC/ MEC who welcomed us all to the first meeting of academic year 2017-2018.
The minutes of May 10, 2017 were approved as read.
Mike Fabricant, 1st Vice-President of PSC/CUNY, addressed the meeting regarding the new contract and informed the house that among the union’s demands are salary increases and a quick negation period. He also encouraged all in attendance to become signed-up members, and distributed new membership cards which initiated a sign-in party on the spot. Members were also asked to encourage faculty and staff who are not yet sign-up members to become signed-up.
Agenda for the Next Labor Management Meeting were as follows:
- Improved bathrooms
- Adjunct salary needs to be on time
- Expeditious budgeting
- Improved operations in HR to include:
- Returning phone calls
- Expeditious processing of new hires
- It should be put in writing so that a typical new hire should expect completion of paperwork in a particular time and the pay check by a particular date.
- New hires need on time BB, CUNYfirst access and ID processing
- Permanent Smart Equipment needed for Portables
- Thermostat in Bedford Building needs to be regulated
Submitted by: Verna Green, Secretary