PSC/CUNY – MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE CHAPTER
MEETING HELD WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2014, 11.30AM IN ROOM B2008, NORMAN & MIRIAM JOHNSON LECTURE HALL
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Clinton Crawford, Chair, PSC/ MEC who welcomed all in attendance.
The minutes were approved as read.
Labor Management (LM) Meeting Report: Dr. Crawford reported on the Labor Management meeting held on Tuesday, October 28, 2014:
- Parking Lot
- With the Chief of Security, Victor Stevens present at the meeting, it was determined that, provisionally, LED lights would be installed.
- The Chair will follow-up with President Crew on the need for expeditious action regarding lights and a guard at the gate after dark.
- The Chair will also raise the question of increased parking fees at the next LM meeting.
- The body is urged to email Victor Stevens, Chief of Security, with cc to Lakeisha Murray, regarding the matter.
- IT: CIO, Editrudys Ruiz, gave the assurance that all classrooms will have functioning equipment by November 30, 2014.
- Job positions, dependent on the budget, were being posted online.
- Anyone interested in promotion should be proactive in checking job postings and preparing resume.
- Movement from assistant to associate position means a higher salary
- Approval for promotion will come from CUNY and the PSC.
- Evaluation procedure has been set by the PSC. Everyone is allowed to write an addendum to entries in one’s file.
- Evaluations are to be done by March 1st if non-reappointments are to be sent out by March1st.
- Tanya was asked to check on the process for HEO promotions that’s being followed in other CUNY colleges.
Committee to Organize Food for PSC-MEC:
Volunteers were: Paula Whitney Best, Differently –Abled Services, Ext. 4804, Jewel James, 4972, and Alecia Collins, 4991.
The committee will choose menu, order and display food.
Voice of PSC, MEC Chapter was introduced:
Editor: David Hatchet
Helpers: Angela Eustace 4996, Aeisha Williams 8287, Shakia Brown 6973, Keishia Graham 5072
It was reported that the adjunct rooms in the School of Business were without telephone service
Submitted by V. Green, Secretary