PSC/CUNY – MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE CHAPTER
MEETING HELD WEDNESDAY, MAY 21, 2014, 11.30AM IN ROOM B2008, NORMAN & MIRIAM JOHNSON LECTURE HALL
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Clinton Crawford, Chair, PSC/ MEC who welcomed all in attendance.
The minutes of February 19 and April 23, 2014 were approved as read.
Special Guest, Steve London, 1st Vice-President, PSC-CUNY focused on Contract Matters.
- Explained NTPA – National Teacher Proficiency Assessment as a flawed testing of teacher proficiency by Pearson
- Presented PSC-MEC with the Vote-Cope Award Trophy and informed the house that Vote Cope was successful in obtaining an increase in the Mayor’s budget devoted to CUNY.
- As a result of the Triboro Doctrine, Step increases continue despite no signed contract. Emphasized importance of maintaining strong political activism to prevent destruction of Tri-boro Doctrine.
- Improved health coverage for adjuncts has been gained.
- PSC engaged in making agreements toward settled contract.
- Mayor De Blasio will honor previous pattern of 10% over 7 years.
- PSC is focusing on winning a good contract – better than what would be possible without political activism.
- Issues at stake are (a) the take-over of technology and (b) adjunct security including adjunct conversions to full time positions.
Submitted by V. Green, Secretary