PSC/CUNY – MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE CHAPTER
MEETING HELD WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2018, 11.30AM IN ROOM AB1-312
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Clinton Crawford, Chair, PSC/ MEC who welcomed all in attendance.
The minutes of January 31, 2018 were approved as read.
There was no Labor-Management Report because the meeting had been rescheduled.
AGENDA: New Contract: The PSC’s aim is to have the negotiations settled this year before the present Chancellor leaves office. Under negotiation:
- 7K for adjuncts – this would almost double what adjuncts presently receive;
- increase for CLTs (College Lab Technicians);
- parallel system of advancement for HEOs which would no longer be dependent on the whim/favor of the supervisor;
- signing of re-commitment cards by all faculty, all were encouraged to reach out to adjuncts who have not signed the new membership cards. Importance of re-commitment is to counteract the challenge of JANUS, which arguments for/against have already begun in the Supreme Court.
Long-term Agenda for PSC/MEC Chapter: Following up on suggestions made in the previous month’s meeting, the various groups were formed as follows:
- The volunteers for Group 1 with focus on social and political opportunities to facilitate the tenure process and impact campus culture – Miles McAfee, Ben Franz, Verna Green;
- Group 2 with focus on membership – Ernts Gracia, Keshia Graham, Maria Delongoria, Elaine Reid;
- Group 3 with focus on Policy Reading – Iola Thompson, Cherise Mayers, Tanya Serdiuk, Roger Palomino, Janice Alves, Claire Evelyn, Tonia Grant;
- Group 4 with focus on enabling this body (PSC) to remain engaged and make academic progress – Moses Phillips, Nelson Carrillo, Aminul Islam, Jose Negroni;
- Group 5 with focus on Social Entertainment – Alicia Collins, Sandra Lewis, John Chancellor Williams, Donna Hill.
Each group has been informed of the membership list and are expected to organize themselves and report to the PSC –MEC body.
Submitted by: Verna Green, Secretary