The following guidance is for all members of the faculty at CUNY, regardless of rank or title.
- Request from your Department Chair, Dean, or Provost the number of vaccinated and unvaccinated students in your class. The Provost at every campus is monitoring updates on a weekly basis. You are entitled to that information, without student names attached. If you are denied information about the number of vaccinated and unvaccinated students in your class, contact your PSC chapter chair and grievance counselor.
- If you have a mixed population of vaccinated and unvaccinated students, check that your classroom will permit 6 feet of distance between students. If this is not possible, request a larger room. Make this request to your Department Chair and your Dean or Provost simultaneously.
- If your class is not relocated to a larger room that will accommodate 6 feet of physical distance, request to teach remotely until the room in which your class meets can safely accommodate the number of vaccinated and unvaccinated students on your roster. Make this request to your Department Chair and your Dean or Provost simultaneously.
- If your request to teach remotely is not granted, contact your PSC chapter chair and grievance counselor.
- If you observe facilities-related problems that may affect safety, please report them to your college’s COVID contact person and Director of Facilities. Document your observations with photographs, and share them with your campus PSC organizer and the PSC Health & Safety Committee: [email protected].
This pandemic has shown that when faculty and professional staff collaborate on shared health and safety goals, we can hold CUNY to its responsibility to furnish a workplace free from hazards. We commend you for your ingenuity and resilience as you begin this semester!
First Vice President