PSC members are invited to join the union’s Legislative Committee and representatives of the New York City Central Labor Council (NYCCLC) for a briefing and Q&A session about the upcoming NYC General Elections, redistricting, and the statewide ballot initiatives that will be on the ballot. This online informational event will be Tuesday, October 26 at 7:00PM.
Early voting will be Saturday, October 23 – Sunday, October 31 and Election Day is Tuesday, November 2. Our endorsed candidates are listed here on the PSC website. The five ballot initiatives would have profound impacts on all New Yorkers. They would:
- Amend New York State’s apportionment and redistricting process.
- Establish the right of each person to clean air and water and a healthful environment.
- Eliminate New York’s requirement that a citizen be registered to vote at least ten days before an election.
- Authorize no-excuse absentee voting.
- Allow the New York City Civil Court to hear and decide claims for up to $50,000 instead of the current limit of $25,000.