PSC/CUNY – MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE CHAPTER
MEETING HELD WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2018, 11.30AM IN ROOM AB1-312
In Dr. Crawford’s absence, the meeting was chaired by David Hatchett, Member of PSC/ MEC Executive Council who welcomed all in attendance.
The minutes of March 28, 2018 were approved as read and the discussions were as per the agenda:
Labor-Management Meeting Report:
- Bathrooms will be cleaned more frequently.
- Parking Lot Fees: The Administration will look into the matter of MEC paying the highest parking lot fees of all CUNY schools, and will also look at the camera issue.
- Adjunct Office in B Building: Administration is committed to having that space cleaned more frequently and to improve computer access for the users there.
- B Building: 1) The AC ducts will be cleaned out in order to stabilize the temperature. 2) Access to the building is being renewed.
- The Portables: Cameras monitoring the walkways around the portables will be functional by the end of summer, 2018.
- New Faculty Orientation Handbook will be forthcoming.
- CLT: President Crew will, himself, look into the matter of 13 CLTs in need of promotion but have no representation at P & B.
New Union Contract: PSC is actively engaged in negotiating the new contract. Roger Palomino reported on his experience as one of the volunteers who participated in the Albany Lobby Day scheduled for Tuesday, April 24, 2018. Three takeaways for him were: 1) The Senators had no intention of addressing the needs regarding the PSC contract before next year; 2) increased numbers needed at the rallies; 3) do not make too many demands at once.
- Along with 7k for adjuncts, paid family leave will also be an issue.
- CUNY wants to have something in place before the Trump administration’s budget, which cuts funding for New York, is passed. The Union will take a financial hit by the fall due to that budget.
- Volunteers are still needed to continue the tasking of having all faculty and staff sign the blue commitment forms.
Long Term Agenda for 2018: The five groups/committees formed voluntarily to ensure PSC/MEC’s continued vibrancy and relevance are being encouraged to meet and all PSC/MEC members are being asked to participate in one of the groups.
End of Semester Fete: Group No. 5, Social and Entertainment Committee, were asked to be responsible for the proceedings.
Submitted by: Verna Green, Secretary