Community safety dictates that CUNY should make the first two weeks of spring semester a transition period where most non-essential work and teaching is done remotely. Planning ahead for a discrete two-week window is the least disruptive path to a safer, more in-person Spring term.
The State mandated vaccination for CUNY faculty and a booster for students, but is not requiring vaccinations for staff. This is a mistake from a public health perspective and as a matter of workplace equity. CUNY should immediately negotiate the terms of the vaccine implementation for all members of the PSC.
CUNY surveillance testing should be enhanced so a larger percentage of the vaccinated members of the campus community are regularly tested and the results clearly reported and tracked over time on CUNY’s COVID dashboard.
CUNY should direct federal relief funds to provide medical-grade masks to members of the campus community on-site, along with free rapid test kits.
Join the Health and Safety Watchdogs or attend your union chapter’s next meeting to help keep CUNY safe.
- Tell the CUNY presidents. Keep us all working! Keep us all safe!
- Retweet this message to the Chancellor.
- Let PSC know if you have been denied an accommodation
- Enforcing Your Right to an ADA Accommodation
- Resolution on CUNY Libraries Reopening of Physical Space
- Remote Work Agreement
HEALTH AND SAFETY CAMPUS COORDINATOR
Jackie Elliot (JElliot@citytech.cuny.edu)
- City Tech
- Brooklyn EOC
- Medgar Evers
Joan Greenbaum (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- John Jay
Susan Fountain (email@example.com):
- GC (SLU, SPS, McCauley, School of Journalism)
- CUNY Central Office
- City College
- Bronx EOC
- Manhattan EOC
Jean Grassman (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- GC (GC, SPH, ASRC)
- Queens EOC
Brian Graf (email@example.com):
- General Assistance
- 1/24/22: Save Jobs, Save Lives, Save CUNY...From Itself!
- 1/13/22: Path to a Safer Spring Semester
- 1/05/22: 3,200 Faculty and Staff Sign Petition Calling for a Safe Return
- 1/02/22: New Vaccination Policy from Governor Hochul
- 12/29/21: Demand remote work and vaccine mandate from CUNY
- 12/20/21: PSC notice to Chancellor about the COVID surge
- 10/04/21: Vaccine Mandates at CUNY
- 09/03/21: Guidance for Faculty Teaching In-Person Classes
- 08/31/21: CUNY Faculty, Staff Protest at Medgar Evers College Against the Administration’s Inadequate Reopening Plan
- 08/26/21: CUNY Faculty and Staff Protest at Hunter College Against the Administration’s Reopening Plan
- 08/24/21: Day Before CUNY’s Fall Reopening, CUNY Faculty & Staff Union and Elected Officials Raise Safety Concerns
- 08/19/21: Health and Safety Update -- First week back for some
- 08/13/21: CUNY Cannot Combat the Pandemic by Patchwork
- 08/12/21: Updates on health & safety and reopening
- 08/02/21: Safe reopening update & Fall schedule
- 07/26/21: Two More Weeks to Ensure a Safe Return
- 07/12/21: Updates on Safe Reopening and Delayed 2% Raise
- 06/29/21: Update on Remote Work Agreement
- 06/22/21: Summer Safe Reopening Campaign Plan
- 06/07/21: Important Updates on Reopening
- 06/07/21: Changes to teaching modality
- 06/03/21: Remote Work Agreement issues
- 05/13/21: Resolution on CUNY Libraries Reopening of Physical Space
- 03/20 - 04/21: Save Lives, Save Jobs, Save CUNY 2020