Press the Presidents Petitions
PSC chapters collected signatures on local petitions urging the presidents of their colleges to publicly support fair adjunct faculty pay of $7000 per course and increased salaries for all CUNY faculty and staff. Just as important, the petitions urged the college presidents to push for a CUNY budget request that includes public funds to support the union’s contract demands. The current collective bargaining agreement is not sufficiently funded by the State. As a result, colleges have been forced to cannibalize academic budgets to help cover the costs. Seven chapters had their petitions posted online. Watch a video of the petition delivery.
Add your name to the petition for your campus.
PSC to CUNY Board Chair: We Need a Fair Contract, With 7K for Adjuncts
More than 500 CUNY faculty and staff marched through the Financial District on Thursday, September 27 to demand public investment in CUNY and a fair contract. Led by a brass band, PSC members picketed outside the NY Stock Exchange before chanting our way to the investment banking firm of William C. Thompson, chairperson of the CUNY Board of Trustees. The PSC is pressuring Bill Thompson to demand the public funding needed to ensure raises for all CUNY faculty and staff, $7K per course for adjuncts, and a better life for CUNY workers and CUNY students. Click here to read more and here for Facebook Live video of the demonstration outside Thompson’s office.
Tell your story!
Share with us your personal reason for supporting our union’s contract demand for $7,000 per course minimum pay for adjuncts. We’ll share a quote from your statement on social media along with your name and school. We may also report it in testimony or cite it during contract negotiations. Click here to share your story and upload a photo.
Increasing CUNY adjunct pay to $7,000 minimum per course is essential to student success and the right thing to do.
CUNY sends the wrong message about the value of college education when it relies on adjunct faculty paid a shamefully low wage to do the majority of its teaching.
$7K in PSC’s Bargaining Agenda
$7K in PSC’s State Budget Testimony |$7K in PSC’s City Budget Testimony
Sign the new, stronger PSC membership card. Give our union the power to win $7K!
$7K Advocacy Materials
- CUNY Changes Lives, a booklet on why New York must invest in full-time faculty, adjuncts and advisors to fulfill the promise of CUNY
- The Facts about CUNY Adjuncts, a fact sheet on why an increase in adjunct pay to $7,000 per course is essential to student success
Join the Committee of Adjuncts and Part-timers Facebook group or attend their working meetings every first friday of the month from 3-5 PM.
Contact your campus liaison for part-time instructional staff or your PSC chapter chairperson.
Ask your chapter chair for a $7K Campaign Membership Poster
$7K in Clarion
- All of us or none, Oct/Nov 18
- The email I will not send, June/July 18
- Pressing BOT for more CUNY investment, June/July 18
- PSC tells Albany: ‘$7K for adjuncts!’, May 18
- Storming Albany for ‘$7K‘, Mar 18
- Demanding full CUNY funding, Mar 18
- Austerity can be beaten, Feb 18
- Why we stay, what we need: low pay hurts all of CUNY, Dec 17
- Union tells CUNY board: it’s contract time, Dec 17
- Bargaining team reflects, looks forward, Nov 17
- CUNY faculty and staff will not accept scarcity, Nov 17
- Adjuncts to CUNY board: we deserve fair pay for our work, May 17
- Adjunct pay: an issue for all of us
- Brooklyn College adjuncts rally for ‘pay parity’, Jan/Feb 17