Save the Date: Research Foundation Field Units July Chapter Meeting (Zoom)
Monday, July 13
Please join us for our fourth Zoom chapter meeting since the shutdown to discuss what we are experiencing and what is known at present in regard to reopening and the fall semester.
Click here to register:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Moderator: Brian Graf
Chair: Lori Rothstein (Delegate)
With: Antonica James (Chapter Chair), Deirdre Brill (Organizing Director), Brian Graf (Organizing Coordinator/City Tech), Sam Lewis (Organizer, Graduate Center). Sam Rasiotis (Organizer, LaGuardia) is away for the month of July.
• Report on the state of the Summer Youth Employment Program: the city budget has passed; what do we know, and what are our next steps in impact bargaining?.
• Report on the status of BRIDGES at LaGuardia.
• Report on the furlough in late June of SIFE project employees at the Graduate Center.
• Planned PSC-wide actions leading up to fall semester, in response to furloughs and lack of a clear CUNY-wide plan for safe resumption of onsite work.
• Information on the car/bike caravan and Zoom action day on Saturday, July 18. (Be on the lookout for a separate email with details and a sign-up link.)
• Looking towards launch of our contract campaign.
We invite you to send us additional items for the agenda, and if you haven’t already, we hope you will complete the Google survey at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSecPxB4WFIz_OLvYkFmSYxPbjTRqBK2…. The survey will remain open for the duration of the closure.
Antonica James, Chapter Chair
Lori Rothstein, Delegate