GETTING TO TENURE:
A ROAD MAP FOR QUEENS COLLEGE FACULTY
• Tired of living in dread and ignorance about the tenure process?
• Have you been told what is required for tenure?
• Do you know who votes on your tenure?
• What role do teaching and service play in your tenure decision?
• Do you know what to do if you receive a letter of non-reappointment or if you have not had an annual evaluation?
Covid 19 and the tenure clock?
Come to a (virtual) forum hosted by the Queens College chapter of your union, the Professional Staff Congress, and have these and other questions answered by people who know
Friday, November 12, 2021, 10:00 AM – 12:00 noon
(Zoom link to be sent by email)
10:00 AM – 10:15 AM
• David Gerwin, Queens College Chapter Chair, Secondary Education and Youth Services
The Tenure Process at Queens College
10:15 AM – 11:00 AM
• Three recently tenured faculty will discuss their experiences, including Interfolio
The Grievance Process at Queens College
11:00 AM – 11:30 PM
• Soribel Genao, Queens College Grievance Counselor, Education and Community Programs
Q&A with Department Chairs (former and present)
11:30 PM – 12:00 PM
• Three former and present chairpersons will address your questions and concerns
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.