Investments in the CUNY will strengthen our economy and increase economic mobility for low income New Yorkers and people of color while targeting investment to the communities most harmed by COVID. But CUNY is being eviscerated when New York needs it most. The PSC urges the Legislature to raise taxes on the ultra-rich, to restore CUNY funding that would be cut in the Executive Budget and to support the first year of the New Deal for CUNY.
- Send a letter to your state legislators
- Be part of the movement to make the New Deal for CUNY a reality! Sign up here to support and press the legislator in your district.
- Call your legislators and tell them to end tax breaks for the ultra-rich.
- PSC State Budget Platform, FY 2022
- PSC Testimony on the Executive Budget: The City University of New York, FY 2022
- CUNY Rising Alliance Summary of the New Deal for CUNY
- New Deal for CUNY Legislation
- 2/18/21: Groups Release Joint CUNY & SUNY Platform for a Just Recovery From COVID-19 Pandemic
- 2/05/21: Legislators, CUNY Rising Alliance, PSC Unveil New Deal for CUNY Legislation
- 1/27/21: Governor Cuomo’s Executive Budget