Upcoming CLT Meetings
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- CLT Meeting on Accommodations: ADA, FMLA, FFCRA, special child care leave, parental leave and more
Monday, August 10, 2020 :: 6 to as late as 9 PM
Register at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIqce-vrDIjEtB52VjtasePqz59I4wyorkM
- CLT Meeting
Monday, August 24, 2020 :: 6 to as late as 9 PM
Register at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZArcO-prTMuGtYtRWVO7tm_SsomwUljUuwZ
- World Day of Bullying Prevention
Monday, October 5, 2020 :: 6 to as late as 9 PM
Check for other PSC happenings in the events calendar!
What is a CLT? What do they do?
CLT Speaks at Sept 27, 2018 Contract Rally
Amy Jeu, Hunter College; CLT Chapter Vice Chair & Grievance Counselor
PSC Cross Campus Units Meeting, Training & Phone Banking* (Wednesday, July 29, 2020)
- Hosted by PSC Vice President for Cross Campus Units Iris DeLutro.
*Note: Cross Campus Units covers employees working as or in College Laboratory Technicians (CLT), Education Opportunity Centers (EOC), Higher Education Officers (HEO), Hunter Campus School, and Research Foundation.
CLT Meeting on CLT Chapter Special Elections and CUNY Guidelines for Safe Campus Reopening (Monday, July 27, 2020)
- Guest Speaker: Ms. Naomi Zauderer, Interim Executive Director, PSC, will discuss our union structure, announce the calendar of dates for the special elections, and explain the various positions (roles and responsibilities); additionally, share about the PSC Next Generation Leadership Training Program and how to enroll.
Own Your Annual Leave Day Zoom Prep (Wednesday, July 22, 2020)
- Hosted by PSC President Barbara Bowen and PSC First Vice President Andrea Vasquez.
Adjunct CLT General Membership Meeting (Tuesday, July 14, 2020)
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Rosa Squillacote, Vice President Elect Part-Time Personnel; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Hunter College on adjunct rights, issues and concerns.
CLT Membership Meeting on budget, reopening, safety plans (Monday, July 13, 2020)
- Agenda and handouts: download here
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Michael Fabricant, Chair, PSC Legislative Committee and PSC University-wide Officer; Professor, Hunter College Silberman School of Social Work will give an overview of how CUNY is funded; the budget process; budget cuts in lieu of austerity and COVID-19; and CARES Act.
CLT Meeting on CUNY Colleges' Safety Plans, aka, COVID-19 Reopening Safety Plan (Monday, June 29, 2020)
Did you know each business or entity, including those that have been designated as essential under Empire State Development's Essential Business Guidance, must develop a written Safety Plan outlining how its workplace will prevent the spread of COVID-19? Learn more about your college's safety plans and where to go for more information.
- Agenda and handouts: download here
- Guest Speaker: Pedro Irigoyen, Chief CLT of Chemistry, Queensborough Community College will present "PPE Stages of Protection."
CLT Meet & Greet Meeting (Monday, June 22, 2020)
This was an informal meeting to meet our new incoming officer, Jeanette Batiz, PSC CLT Chapter Vice Chair & Delegate. We also gathered to share ideas, resources and technologies for in-person, remote work, and distance learning with fellow CLTs across CUNY.
Hostos Community College Health & Safety Town Hall (June 12, 2020)
- Presentation by Amy Jeu, Outgoing CLT Chapter Chair, "What do we need? What are your rights?"
CLT Survey of Safety Concerns & Returning to CUNY Campuses During the Coronavirus Pandemic (Respond by June 30, 2020)
CLT Unity Day (May 30, 2020)
This was an informal meeting with CLTs to gather and focus the conversation on CLT safety and the return to the workplace. What do we need? What are your rights? Who can I address my concerns to? Come with your list of specific needs and concerns for your work area.
Download agenda and download
PSC CUNY Hunter Chapter Town Hall (May 21, 2020)
- Presentation by Amy Jeu, Outgoing CLT Chapter Chair, on the impact of COVID-19 on CLTs. Listen to audio recording.
Virtual CLT Meeting (May 18, 2020)
Agenda and handouts: download here
Presentation of CLT Survey & Impact of COVID-19 Results:
- Moderator: Jeanette Batiz, Senior CLT, Bronx Community College, Biological Sciences
- Presentation by Deborah Hertzberg, Chief CLT, Brooklyn College, Theater
- Presentation by Michael Cannetti, Senior CLT, NYC College of Technology, Communication Design
- Presentation by Orit Gruber, Chief CLT, College of Staten Island, Computer Science
- Presentation by Alicia Trust, Chief CLT, Kingsborough Community College, Biological Sciences
- Presentation by Sharif Elhakem, Chief CLT, Lehman College, Chemistry
Survey of CLTs & Impact of COVID-19 (April 2020)
CLT Meeting (February 18, 2020)
"A New Way Forward for the CLT Chapter" presentation by Amy Jeu, Acting Chair, CLT Chapter
Panel discussion organized by Amy Jeu, CLT, with the following speakers:
- William Herbert, Executive Director, National Center for the Study of Collective Bargaining in Higher Education and the Professions,
will cover workplace bullying from the legal and labor angles
- Michael Fabricant, Professor, Hunter College Silberman School of Social Work; Chair, PSC Legislative Committee and PSC University-wide Officer,
will talk about how bullying is used as an austerity tool within higher education
- Graciano Matos, Laboratory Hygiene Officer, Office of Environmental Health and Occupational Safety, City College,
will speak about bullying from the gender and socio-economic angles
- Victoria O'Shea, ASAP Student Advisor, Queensborough Community College,
will speak about the effects of bullying and mental health
- Clara Wajngurt, Professor at Queensborough Community College; CEO at Bullying Prevention Consulting,
will present a survey of how other universities address workplace bullying in the US and internationally
- Iris Delutro, PSC VP Cross Campus Units; CUNY-Wide Program Manager, LEAP to Teacher Program, CUNY School of Labor and Urban Studies, The Murphy Institute,
will give an update on the PSC contract demand on bullying with CUNY, and the status of the NYS Healthy Workplace Bill
"Confronting workplace abuse at CUNY" by Shomial Ahmad summarized the event.
CLT Unity Day 2019
We DEMAND competitive salaries for CUNY College Laboratory Technicians! We are being bullied and need your support as we fight against low salaries, excessive workload, and lack of promotional opportunities.
Show your support for CLTs and sign our petition TODAY!
"CUNY’s science and technology are in our hands!”
Survey of CLT Chapter Presentation by Amy Jeu (May 2017)
PSC Online Archives for CLT Chapter
Let your voices be heard!
The PSC will be sharing photos and quotes from members about why they're supporting the campaign for a fair contract. Here's an example:
Will you stand up and speak out? Share with us your reason for supporting our union's contract demands, which include an increase in the salary schedule for all CLT titles in addition to any across-the-board increases. We'll share a your photo and a quote from your statement on social media along with your name and school. We may also report it in testimony or cite it during contract negotiations.
Submit quotes and photos at www.psc-cuny.org/HEOs_CLTsSpeakUp
CLTs Celebrate National Bullying Prevention Month (Oct 2018)
Workplace Bullying Resources (not exhaustive list)
- What is Workplace Bullying? - Clarion June 2012
Dignity at Work Policy - The PSC/CUNY CLT Chapter is committed to protecting dignity and respect across the University. This policy aims to promote respect, dignity, safety, and equality in the workplace. Every member of CUNY should be aware that all forms of discrimination, bullying, harassment, victimization, and violence are unacceptable and every member of CUNY has a duty to behave in an acceptable and respectful manner. All members are expected to treat each other with dignity, courtesy and respect at all times. We are fully committed to sustaining a positive and mutually supportive working environment free from harassment, discrimination, bullying, violence, and victimization where members can work together collaboratively and productively together, and where all members are equally valued and respected.
Alan Pearlman Memorial
Alan Pearlman, a leader of the union’s College Laboratory Technicians (CLTs) chapter who served on the union’s executive council for six years, died unexpectedly in Spring 2017, leaving behind a legacy of fierce loyalty to the union and his fellow members. Read more here: Clarion Article - "Mourning Pearlman, CLT activist"
CLT-HEO Professional Development Fund
In accordance with the PSC/CUNY collective bargaining agreement, approximately $500,000 per annum is available University-wide to support professional development activities for eligible employees in titles in the College Laboratory Technician series. Learn more at http://psc-cuny.org/benefits/heo-clt-professional-development-fund.
Know Your Rights. Download the CLT Handbook
The current handbook (4th edition) has multiple purposes:
- To serve as a compendium of College Laboratory Technicians’ rights and responsibilities
- To familiarize newly appointed CLTs with the procedures for appointment, reappointment, promotion and other contractual protections.
- To invite CLTs to contact the chapter officers for advice and help.
This handbook is not an official document, but a simplified guide to your contractual rights under the PSC-CUNY agreement as seen by the PSC.
The official documents to consult are the Bylaws of the Board of Trustees of CUNY, the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the PSC and CUNY (the contract), the written policies of the Board of Trustees and your college governance document. There are also arbitration awards and grievance decisions in which contractual rights and responsibilities have been delineated.