Professional Staff Congress | 61 Broadway, 15th Floor, NYC 10006 | 212-354-1252 |212-PSC-CUNY | firstname.lastname@example.org | AFT Local #2334
Who We Are
[Click here for a directory]
We are the union of the 25,000 professors, counselors, adjuncts, lecturers, registrars, technologists, program directors and others who work at The City University of New York and the CUNY Research Foundation. CUNY works because we do.
Every day, we teach and support the more than 539,000 students who attend CUNY, working to realize the university’s founding vision, which was radical in 1847 and may still be radical today: “education for the children of the people, the children of the whole people.”
As a union of academic workers at the country’s oldest and largest public urban university, the Professional Staff Congress/CUNY believes that our working conditions are our students’ learning conditions. When the union takes a stand for fair compensation and working conditions for our members, we are taking a stand for our students’ right to an education.
Through the power of the organized membership, the PSC:
- advances our professional and economic rights—both individual and collective
- negotiates the collective bargaining agreements with CUNY that establish our salaries, health benefits and working conditions
- demands public investment in public higher education
- protects tenure, academic freedom and the rights of our members
- mobilizes faculty, staff and students to defend our interests
- supports members’ research and professional development
- works in coalitions to promote social, economic and educational justice
- reimagines the university as a space of intellectual freedom, openness and debate.
The PSC is your union. Its resources belong to the whole membership. Make it the union you want it to be by joining and becoming active.