Understanding Salary Steps
Employees are placed laterally on the appropriate step of the schedule on the date the salary increase goes into effect. "Movement within Schedule" is movement from one schedule step to the next higher step of the same schedule. For all members of the Instructional Staff except HEOs and adjuncts, the movement within schedule shall take place on January 1st of each succeeding year following completion of at least ten (10) full months of service. For most HEO series employees, the movement within schedule shall take place on the January 1st or July 1st following completion of at least eleven (11) full months of service.
The last two steps on the salary schedules for employees in full-time faculty, HEO and CLT title series are the five and seven-year steps. The penultimate step on the salary schedules for these employees, designated in the schedule in bold, is known as the "five-year step." Employees in these title series shall be eligible to receive the "five-year step" not later than upon completion of five years of service at the preceding step, known as the "last one year step." Following the "five-year step" for employees in the titles listed above is the "seven-year step," also designated in the salary schedules in bold. Employees shall be eligible to receive the "seven-year step" not later than upon completion of two years of service at the five-year step.
- Full-Time Faculty and Research Series
- Teaching & Non-Teaching Adjunct Rate Schedule
- HEO Salary Schedule
- CLT Salary Schedule
- Graduate Assistant Salary Schedule
- Continuing Education Teacher, CUNY Start Instructor and CLIP Instructor
- EOC Salary Schedule
- Assistant Teacher Salary Schedule
- Law School Series
- Medical Series Salary Schedule
- Resident Series Salary Schedule
- Adjuncts in the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism and in the Executive Programs in the Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College