Join the public struggle against deep cuts to CUNY and for full funding of the University.
Check the PSC webpage and check email and social media to sign up to take part in these summer actions:
- Thursday, July 9, 5 PM, On Zoom: Fightback Thursday Phone Bank. Join the fun.
- Saturday, July 18, 11 AM: In person and on Zoom, Caravan Through CUNY Communities. RSVP. Flier.
- Wednesday, August 26: mass action on the first day of the semester.
Summer Events That have Already Passed
- Thursday, July 2, 1 PM, In person and on Zoom: Broke'lyn College Campus In Crisis Rally and March. Video.
- Wednesday, July 1: PSC Sues CUNY for Violating Federal CARES Act. Read more.
- Wednesday, July 1: Delivered Petition to CUNY Chancellor and Board of Trustees Protesting Adjunct Layoffs. See the signatures.
- Saturday, June 27: NYC Electeds Urge Management to Defend CUNY. Read the letter to management signed by 69 lawmakers. Read the letter signed by Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
- Saturday, June 27, 12 PM: CUNY Rising March For CUNY #FundCUNYNotCops. Video of kick-off press conference. Photos.
- Friday, June 26, 2:30 PM: #FightBackFriday CUNY Board Hearing for the People. Watch video.
- Tuesday, June 23, 3 PM: Stand Together for CUNY. Read more and watch video.
- Thursday, June 18: 100 Legislators Unite for People-Centered Recovery, Refuse to Allow Budget Cuts without Raising Taxes on the Wealthy. Read more.
- Wednesday, June 17, PSC Launches TV Campaign Saying “CUNY Must Do Better” for Students and Communities of Color—and for Workers. Watch video.
- Tuesday, June 16, Delivered to Gov. Cuomo: Faculty-organized letter signed by 2100 CUNY faculty of all disciplines, ranks and colleges. Read the letter.
- Friday, June 12, 12 PM on Zoom: #FightBackFriday Press Conference With Legislators. Watch video.
- Thursday, June 11, 10 AM on Zoom: Fighting for CUNY/Rebuilding NYC, School Of Labor and Urban Studies. Watch video.
- Wednesday, June 10, 6 PM, on Zoom and Facebook Live: Public Education Under Attack, Labor-Religion Coalition. Watch video.
- Wednesday, June 10, 10 AM, on Zoom and by phone: NYC Council Hearing on the Impact of Coronavirus on CUNY. Watch video.
- Monday, May 18: Caravan to Stop Layoffs and Fund CUNY. Photos and video.
30,000 Organizing Conversations This Summer
The union needs to create enough support and communication among members to be able to take whatever strong action is necessary, including, if needed, a vote to authorize disruptive job action. Building that support starts with member-to-member conversations. Our goal is to reach every PSC member in conversation by the end of the summer. Join us in the summer of organizing.
DIGITAL ACTION CENTER
Tag your legislators and @ChancellorCUNY when you do.
Tell the most powerful legislators in New York to tax the rich, freeze CUNY tuition and protect jobs at CUNY.
After a semester with unprecedented difficulty, students need to return to a supportive campus that recognizes the real-life challenges students are facing, from homelessness to the trauma that comes with a semester under quarantine. Tell Governor Cuomo you won't stand for cuts to CUNY and SUNY.
A People-centered Solution. More than 100 state legislators (plus unions like the PSC and othr organizations) have signed a Statement of Principles for Fiscal and Social Responsibility During the COVID-19 Crisis and Beyond. The signers of the statement pledge "We the undersigned are clear: We will not allow state budget cuts without raising revenue from those who can most afford to pay more." Has your state assemblyman and senator signed the statement? If not, call their office and demand that they do.