PSC/CUNY WORKSHOP FOR CHAPTER CHAIRS AND OTHER CHAPTER LEADERS
USING THE CONTRACT TO BUILD CHAPTER STRENGTH AND ENSURE ENFORCEMENT ON THE CAMPUS
This workshop is designed to provide basic information and tools for chapter leadership; delegates and activists in contract enforcement. Please urge members of your chapter executive committee to attend.
- Overview of the PSC’s structure and framework for Contract Enforcement at the PSC
- Using the contract to educate both Full-time and adjunct members of their contractual and legal rights with regard to teaching evaluations/observations; overtime; reviews for reappointment; compensatory time; managing the teaching workload and Weingarten Rights
- Reviewing contract provisions that strengthen the chapter such as the right to communicate with the membership, non-discrimination, article 2 protections against arbitrary policies; use of college facilities
- Best practices for labor-management meetings
- Creative strategies for organizing around contractual issues
LUNCH WILL BE SERVED
Please RSVP to Debra Bergen [retired] no later than May 25, 2017.